We are currently hiring a womenswear designer...
We are looking for an ambitious designer, with experience in producing successful multi-product collections, who can join our close-knit team. You will be working alongside the buying, design and creative team, and will report directly to the Creative Director. We are a fast-growing brand, and are looking for like-minded creatives to join our core team, to accelerate our growth and success.
· A strong understanding of Murci’s brand vision and customer profile.
· Experience in a design-led fashion role.
· Strong passion and enthusiasm for fashion
· Highly creative and strong understanding of customer needs
· The ability to work in an ever-changing, fast paced environment, while meeting deadlines.
· Confidence is a must. Someone with bold ideas, who isn’t afraid to pitch them.
· The ability to create tech packs/CAD’s in Adobe Illustrator with measurements and technical info for sampling and production.
· Able to create specs and grading knowledge is preferred, though not essential.
· Assisting in fit sessions and providing feedback in the form of fit comments.
· Ability to create original prints is preferred, though not essential.
· Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Work collaboratively with Creative Director from concept to completion aligning on seasonal direction, timelines and customer insights.
· Responsible for driving the vision and direction of the brand, expressing this through your designs.
· Constantly pushing creative boundaries, with innovative ideas and designs.
· Staying up to date with trends, and actively researching the market.
· Producing seasonal trend reports.
· Contributing to cost saving solutions, whilst retaining quality and creativity.
· Sourcing, selecting, and developing fabrics, trims etc.
· Maintaining contact with external suppliers, visiting when necessary, and ensuring they have all relevant design information to make samples
· Maintain awareness of market trends influencing consumers and knowing the brand’s best-selling products in order to filter into the design process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive, to be discussed at interview stage
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Loyalty bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manchester: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this exciting role please email your CV & PORTFOLIO to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: Attaching a portfolio of your work is a must as we won't be progressing with any applicants without first seeing a selection of your previous work.